Play Online Poker

5.29.2010

101 In The APT Leaderboard

The Asian Poker Tour has come up with a leaderboard rankings based on performances in APT accredited events. Corresponding points were given to those who finished in the money for the APT events, and the top finishers in the leaderboard rankings would eventually win some prizes. The top 50 players in town for the APT Main Event also get to play a special tournament prior to the event in order to win a $2,700 seat to the APT Main Event. So far, I'm ranked 101st in the Asian Poker Tour. I earned my points by making the money in the Resorts World Manila Inaugural Poker Tournament, where I placed 24th in a field of 269 players. It was a good tournament run for me, except for one crucial mistake near the bubble where I misread my opponent's hand, and called with a mid-pair, costing almost my entire stack. I survived the bubble with 28 players to go, and managed to double up enough to place 24th. It could've been deeper except for that mistake, and I was really disappointed, but no use crying over it. With that place, I managed to get 400 points, and I was ranked 88 in the APT leaderboard rankings. I had an opportunity to increase my place in the APT rankings when I played at the The Poker Circuit's Wet N'Wild tournament played in the Wild Aces Poker Sports Club in Angeles City, Pampanga. I managed to make day 2 with a healthy stack, but sadly went out in the first level of Day 2 with my two pair getting outdrawn to the higher two pair of the monster stack. Since I didnt' make the money, I failed to earn points, and my ranking slipped to 101. The other APT events were held in Macau, and sadly I didn't have the time to make the trip from Manila to Macau to compete. I'm hoping that a few more tournaments are held in Manila prior to the APT Main Event. The Asian Poker Tour main event will be held on August 23-29, 2010 at the Resorts World Manila with a buy-in of $2500 +$250. The APT Philippines Main Event promises a guaranteed prize of $2 Million dollars.
Play Online Poker

No comments: