Play Online Poker

5.29.2010

2010 NBA Finals: It's Monumental LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics



When the Boston Celtics were playing the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Los Angeles Lakers were about to sweep the Utah Jazz, I already predicted the classic monumental NBA Finals rivalry with the Los Angeles Lakers vs the Boston Celtics.

Well, the Boston Celtics shut up MVP Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, and got past the Orlando Magic in convincing fashion to earn their spot in the 2010 NBA Finals. Well done indeed for the Boston Celtics.

The Phoenix Suns made a fight of it, and the Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire combo was really impressive, but the Los Angeles Lakers really knew how to get the job done, and closed the game out in Game 6, winning it away in Phoenix to earn their spot in the 2010 NBA Finals.

So it's the classic monumental NBA rivalry of Green vs Purple, Boston vs LA.

Of course, the Los Angeles Lakers will have the home court advantage of Game 7, should the series go the distance, and with a better regular season record, it looks like the Los Angeles Lakers are the clear favorites. Personally, I'm cheering for the Los Angeles Lakers. I've been a fan since the Magic Johnson vs Larry Bird rivalry, and I suppose I do have a purple heart deep inside.

But then, for the love of the sport, I want it to be a close series. I don't expect anything less from a great rivalry. In terms of the betting, not all my bets will be for the Lakers. I would bet on the Boston Celtics to at least defend their home turf. Well, depending on the spread. I'd also lay bets against Kobe Bryant scoring 30+ or more. That's just not going to happen with the Boston Celtics defense.

And then, there are the match ups. I'd like to see Kobe Bryant take on Rajon Rondo on defense with Derrick Fisher chasing Ray Allen through screens. Ron Artest on Paul Pierce. Lamar Odom on Kevin Garnett. Pau Gasol on Kendrick Perkins. It's all about the match-ups, and who maintains their composure, and who can play a solid game.

With the intensity displayed by both the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics throughout the NBA Playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if it does go the stretch of 7 games. But, in the end, I'm hoping the defending champion LA Lakers will have a repeat.

No comments: