Play Online Poker

5.29.2010

Steaming For A Seat To The Filipino Poker Tour 14 Main Event


The Filipino Poker Tour 14 is coming soon, and as early as now (May '10), they've already starting throwing daily online freeroll qualifiers at Pokerstars. Each day, Pokerstars hosts three multi-table tournaments with the top 5 of each tournament getting to advance to a Phase 2 tournament. In the Phase 2 Tournament of The Filipino Poker Tour 14, the top two eventually win a seat to The Filipino Poker Tour 14, which will be held in June 25, 2010. The seat is worth Php11,000 (10,000+1,000), which is affordable in my bankroll, but of course, getting it for free by winning it online is also a juicy prospect.

I've been playing The Filipino Poker Tour Phase 1 almost every night, and in the numerous times I've attempted to get to Phase 2, I've succeeded 4 times. I played my first Phase 2 tournament on May 17, and managed a 21st place finish out of 98. It was a good run, but very short of coming in the top 2. For the May 24 Phase 2 event, I gave one of my seats to my poker buddy Mikee Carrion and we both played the tournament. I came out at a disappointing 85th out of 96 while Mikee survived long enough until the 20th spot. I have one more Phase 2 event coming up on May 31st, and I'm hoping that the third time is the charm. In the meantime, I'll try to win some more Phase 2 seats by competing in the daily freeroll satellites.

The difficult thing about getting to the top 5 of the FPT 14 freeroll is to survive the early level onslaught of all-in pre-flop pushes. I'm a player who likes to see the flop and get a clear decision on how to play my hand, and I don't want to get caught in a coin toss just pushing all-in against other stacks. More often than not, I maintain patience and hopefully push with the best of it, but poker is not a sure thing, and more often than not even pocket aces can get cracked by some trash hand.

Usually, if the math holds up in my favor and the luck falls my way, and I make the most of it, it's a breeze to get through. In the meantime, I have to get stuck with idiots who would call an all-in push with something mediocre like Q-9 off-suite and my strong-looking big slick suited gets crushed when the 9 of clubs takes 4 cards to make a flush.

I tend to be unkind to the idiots and lash out at them at the chatbox for playing idiotic hands. I may be rude, but I don't need to be friends with these idiots and morons, who play poker like they would blackjack - f+cking fish that they are. But anyway - I don't wish to waste anymore energy getting pissed at them. Some have promised to confront me at the Metro if they see me there, maybe even a bit of violence. Oh well, what can I say? The idiot has to defend his idiocy with more idiotic behavior. Woo-zaaaah.

Anyway if you see me at Pokerstars, and I lash out at you - you probably deserve more than that. I don't hide behind a screen name. My name is right there - JJDuque - and if you pay attention, you could learn some great things about how to play poker.

Play Online Poker

No comments: