Play Online Poker

5.29.2010

UFC Betting: Rampage Over Rashad


UFC 114 kicks off tomorrow, and the main event of Rampage Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans is one fight that UFC fans have been waiting for. Personally, I've been wanting to see that fight ever since the Rashad and Rampage were mouthing off during Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights. In fact, I thought the two would go at it right there.

But anyway, the fight is going to happen. Dana White said on his Twitter that the weigh-in was sick and really intense with one of the sickest stare downs ever. I can imagine. Rampage and Rashad hate each other, and it will definitely be a battle.

Personally, I'm picking Rampage Jackson to win over Rashad Evans. Rampage has never been knocked out, except for earlier in his career in Pride, but that was when they used knees and soccer kicks to finish matches. In the UFC, Rampage only lost once via a unanimous decision to Forrest Griffin, losing his UFC Light Heavyweight Championship in the process. Rashad Evans, in the meantime, may have won his last fight against Thiago Silva, but it wasn't that impressive. I still remember him getting KOed by Lyoto Machida, where he lost his title. That was nice, and it showed his vulnerability.

As for the other fights on the card for UFC114, I'm hoping Dan Miller steps up to beat Michael Bisping. I'd also put money on Antonio Nogueira to win over Jason Brilz, and for Diego Sanchez to score a big win over John Hathaway.

Can Rampage KO Rashad? Oh, I'm hoping he does, so he shuts him up forever.

No comments: