Play Online Poker

5.31.2010

Winning A Seat To The 2010 WSOP Main Event

I don't have the luxury to spend $10,000 plus travel expenses just to buyin for the 2010 WSOP Main Event. Instead, I have to grind out for my seat, and win it online. For me - it starts with a freeroll.

Full Tilt Poker hosts a Main Event Race daily. They have a Main Event Race Round 1 freeroll qualifier, where out of 450 players max, one talented poker player gets a free tournament ticket to the Main Event Race Round 2. In Round 2, the top two players then get a seat to the Main Event Final Race where the top 10 finishers win a $10,000 seat plus a travel package and bonuses to represent Full Tilt Poker in the 2010 WSOP Main Event.

It sounds indeed like a long hard climb. Climbing Mt. Everest might even be easier. But nonetheless, if it is an opportunity to make a dream come true, then it's an opportunity I'm happy to take.

So far, it's been difficult getting past the first round. 450 players on a freeroll is not too difficult. There are the idiots who hope to get lucky by pushing all-in on the first hand, and it gets a bit tricky. Sometimes there are bad beats, and well - you just have to try again. I've reached the final table on a number of tries, but have yet eluded the first place finish in order to make the Main Event Race Round 2. But I'm still trying. And hopefully, in upcoming posts of this blog, I can write about a Round 1 triumph, and maybe even a Round 2 triumph, and eventually about winning my spot in the 2010 WSOP Main Event.

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I have to grind it out.

If you want to qualify, just go to Full Tilt Poker.

Play Online Poker

No comments: