Play Online Poker

6.11.2010

Fulltilt Poker's Fantasy Freeroll

Full Tilt Poker hosts a Fantasy Poker for the 2010 World Series of Poker. You can pick pro poker players who you'll think will do well in certain events, and get points depending on how much money they make. Well, thanks to the fine ITM performance of Andy Bloch and John Juanda in Event #2 The $50,000 buy-in Poker Players Championship, I was one of the top 2000 who won a seat into the FTP Fantasy Freeroll $2K Guaranteed. Only 626 registered for the tournament, which was a 7-game mixed, featuring the poker games of Limit Hold'em, Limit Seven Card Stud High-Low, Limit Razz, Limit Omaha High-Low, Limit Seven Card Stud High, No Limit Hold'em and Pot Limit Omaha High.

The first level of Limit Hold'em turned out well for me to put me at a slight chip lead on my table. The second level of Stud High-Low was equally good, but it wasn't until the Omaha High-Low game that my chip stack dwindled, mostly because it was just limit, and most of the players really chased rivers, and no matter how ahead I was on the flop, it was just sad to see a suck out on the river. I also think I played too many hands, and go too excited with small pocket pairs that would hit a set, only to be beaten by a higher set. I recovered a bit on the next level of Limit Seven Card Stud, and I think I am masterful at Seven Card Stud, considering my ability to memorize what's been folded from the face open cards of other players, and be able to count my outs and draws, and to also know if I'm ahead or not.

Eventually, it was at the game of No Limit Hold'em where I busted out, with my pocket 10's pushing all-in preflop to be called by AQ, and an A on the turn to bust me out at 543. Oh fudge. I still have much to learn about the other games of poker, but it's good that I can expand my versatility at the felt by trying to master all these games. After all - poker is a continuous learning experience, and I couldn't consider myself a real poker player if I didn't master the other games. 

Well - so now that's out of the way. The other thing I have to look forward to today is the Independence Day Weekend Php2 Million Guaranteed at The Metro. Hopefully, an ITM finish for me, or even better - the win!

Play Online Poker

No comments: