Play Online Poker

5.29.2010

New Dawn


I'm at it again. When I started playing poker seriously around 5 years ago, I maintained a blog about poker, where I would talk about the slow-growing Manila poker scene (which was nothing yet at all!) and the small success I had in taking part of it as a player and as an organizer of tournaments. Back then, when it was starting out, a lot of players were looking for books to read, or discuss hands and strategies, or just where to find a game. So I created a sort of journal about my own experiences as a student of poker in the hopes that it would help others like me who were starting out.

Now - the Manila poker scene, and in fact the Philippine poker scene has boomed with more than a dozen poker rooms, daily tournaments and 24/7 poker action. Even I have a hard time trying to keep pace with what's going on. But then, I'm not starting to blog again just to keep up with the updates and announcements. There's also a lot of that. I'm writing again as sort of a therapy, to be able to write about my game and how it fares with the scene, whether it be in the poker rooms of the Philippines or online.

So far - it's been a roller coaster ride. I've had some good stories, and I've had some sob stories. But no time to dwell on what's in the past. It's time to just focus on moving forward and keeping it together. I'll consider this first post as a fresh start in my poker journey. Bankroll reset, and let the games begin, and hopefully the posts to follow will have a lot of positive things to say about some positive outcomes. Of course, it's not all going to be about poker. I'll also include posts on some of my favorite things like sports betting among other things. And thus the title, Pokerism et al. Hopefully, it'll be inspiring and entertaining.

Anyway - to quote a Nina Simone song - "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and I'm feeling good."
href="http://www.fulltiltpoker.com?key=MDAwMDI4QjIwMDAxMDE1MzIwNDI0MDI0MDAwMDAwMDA-" target="_blank">Play Online Poker

No comments: